In 2021 Amherst College will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the founding of college. In the Amherst College Library, we are working on a series of projects to select, digitize, describe, and make available online materials from the college archives and special collections to help capture some of the history of the institution.
The projects are underway and we want to share our progress on this work through this website, where you can learn more about the more dozen digital projects focused on the bicentennial from our collection overview pages. Our goal is to have as much of the material in the digital projects accessible through our online digital repository, Amherst College Digital Collections (ACDC), by 2021.
For more information about how collections were chosen for the bicentennial, see Manda’s excellent blog post on the subject. For an overview of our process, from archival processing to digitization to metadata, see Sarah’s Welcome to the Bicentennial post.
Year One Projects (2017-2018):
- Jennifer Bolmarcich, Archives & Special Collections
- Bryn Geffert, Librarian of the College
- Kate Gerrity, Metadata
- Rachel Jirka, Archives & Special Collections
- Mike Kelly, Archives & Special Collections
- Tim Pinault, Digital Programs
- Amanda Wise Pizzollo, Metadata
- Este Pope, Digital Programs
- Johanna Radding, Metadata
- Sarah Walden McGowan, Digital Programs