The Admissions Office. Annual Reports to Secondary Schools collection consists of reports by the Office of Admission at Amherst College for the use of secondary schools for the years 1947-2012. The reports present statistics on the incoming freshman class and information for secondary school principals and guidance counselors. You can check out the collection’s finding aid online.
Materials in the collection made available in ACDC will be useful for a variety of research interests, especially studying the history of Amherst College incoming freshman classes in terms of size, demographics, and other factors. Information included in these reports also helps to document the history of Amherst College and the kind of information that would be shared with secondary schools to attract potential new students.
This collection was digitized and described in Year One (2018) of our Bicentennial project.
For more information
- Check out the full collection’s finding aid online. Much of the information in this post can be attributed to the related finding aid.
- You can also view our technical documentation for this project.
Related Bicentennial collections
- Amherst College Administrative Publications Collection
- Amherst College Class Album Collection
- Amherst College Photographer Records
- Amherst College Curriculum Reports Collection